Questions and Answers
Spectators write questions, seal them opaque envelopes, and give them to the mentalist. The mentalist gathers up the envelopes and then, one at a time, answers the question within before opening the envelope to see what the question is. And the answers are always appropriate!
There is no way for the mentalist to see inside the envelope ahead of time, so the answers are carefully worded so that they will appear correct no matter what the question is. Typical answers might include:
- Over many years and during many rites of passage you have already learned the answer to this question.
- You will have to find the answer yourself, and you will find it near water.
- There are dark shadows, strange passages, and a circle of light. I see you being surrounded by the light, but the choice to move into it is yours and yours alone.
- I don’t think that’s any of your business.
- Yes, I do know that but am not telling.
A talented mentalist may have as many as a hundred such stock answers ready, providing perfect, supernatural-sounding answers to questions as varied as, “Should I move to Paris?” “What is my dog’s name?” and “Is my wife smooching the pool guy?”
The information on this site is intended for use only by those with a sincere desire to learn nothing about magic and is for entertainment purposes only (in other words, don't try this stuff, particularly the dangerous parts). The Magicians Assistance Collective (MAC) frowns upon the use of magic in the formation of religions or to attract a cult following.
Magic is not real. Reality is not magic.
Contents ©2004-2009, Mallusionist